Welcome to My Personal Page
Family and Friends,
Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for taking time out of your day to learn about the organization that has entirely changed my life for the better.
BuckeyeThon is a student run philanthropy that raises money to ultimately end childhood cancer. 100% of the donated money goes to the Oncology, Hematology, and BMT Units at Nationwide Children's Hospital in Columbus, Ohio.
Here's Why I Dance:
1. My brother, Jacob, was diagnosed with Neuroblastoma when he was only one year old. This took a huge toll on my family and especially my dad after almost losing my brother. I dance for Jacob.
2. Doctors found a cancerous tumor in my brother-in-law, Kasey’s, brain when he was 18 years old. He has had 3 brain surgeries, has gone through one round of radiation lasting six weeks, and one round of chemo lasting 12 months. He is now 27 and has never been completely cancer free since being diagnosed. I dance for Kasey.
3. My friend and sorority sister, Alyssa Harris has been battling cancer since her freshman year of college. I’ve seen the effects that cancer has had on her, her family, and her friends. Alyssa has been cancer free since May 2019! I dance for Alyssa.
4. My high school in Tiffin, Ohio had a student, Rachel Boes, pass away from Leukemia. I saw her touch everyone in the Calvert community's heart. I dance for Rachel.
5. Every day, 43 families hear the words, "Your child has cancer." I dance for the families.
6. Children are the most innocent, pure and genuine human beings on this planet. More than 40,000 kids undergo cancer treatments every year and fight for their lives every day so in return, I fundraise so they can have others fighting for them too. I dance for the kids.
I dance because within this organization there is an abundance of love and with that comes hope. Hope that one day, kids with cancer do not have to fight for their lives. Hope that one day parents don’t have to worry when they hear the words, “your child has cancer”. And hope that one day your family members, your friends, and your kids are never diagnosed with cancer.
I have pledged to raise as much as I can to be able to join the Ohio State community in the fight to end pediatric cancer. Last year, I was able to raise over $1300 for the kids at Nationwide Children’s Hospital and this year, I’d really like to get to $2000. If you feel called to do so, please consider donating to this cause or even sharing my page with your family and friends. Thank you for supporting me in my fundraising efforts, but more importantly, thank you for joining in on the fight to end childhood cancer! Cancer sucks, go Bucks!
For The Kids!
Fundraising Goal: $2,000.00
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.